Civilisation V LP, maybe

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Civilisation V LP, maybe

Post  Aken Jizo on Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:54 pm

I vote for pottery, then mining, then the wheel.

Also, you should probably build the monument at some point.
Aken Jizo
User

Location : The place with the guy and the thing doing the stuff.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GameGuru on Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:41 pm

Doctor Thunder wrote:What are you guys talking about? The circus is the first step on the path to glory!

(I know I'm not going to win this vote, but I had to vote for this. I'm sure you understand. =P)

But we can't have a proper circus without a unicycling juggler, and we can't have a unicycle without the wheel! We need to invent the wheel to have a proper circus. They will just have to be entertained with archery contests for now.
GameGuru
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Thunder on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:06 pm

My god, you're right! Put all our resources toward developing that wheel! Only then can our circus of glory come to fruition.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Locoman on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:23 pm

We also need to invent cross-oceanic transport as soon as possible, so that we can go to Africa, kidnap animals, and then make them wear tutus and shoot them out of cannons for our amusement.
Locoman
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiri Ame on Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:49 pm

Cross-oceanic transport probably isn't too urgent right now, since we're living on a supercontinent. But it's something we'll want at some point just because, and for that, we'll need pottery. =P

User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aken Jizo on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:57 pm

@Loco: Silly Pyro, Africa is a myth!

Besides, what are horses for, if not to be shot out of cannons?
Aken Jizo
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiri Ame on Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:35 am

Anyway, time for another update, because Civ updates make everyone happy. And because I can only play the game for about five minutes before I run into another decision.

Most of this update involves my warriors running around the tundra in search of Mongolia, which, surprisingly enough, doesn't appear to be in Antarctica. My warriors weren't about to take that for granted, though, so they decided to follow the small Mongol horde on their trek across the bleak, grey ice-caps of the continent.

We found them investigating some suspicious-looking hills with red paint splashed on them. I'm not entirely sure what the deal is with that, but I suspect that they may have been left by the famous Glitch tribe that used to wander this tundra.

Anyway, determined to find out their secrets, I followed the Mongolian warriors deeper into the ice.

At the sight of a group of barbarian warriors huddled out on the ice, the ever-cowardly Mongolians decided to turn tail and run. But I already knew that they were only running away because the barbarians had been standing cool that nobody wanted me to get, so I decided to take another step forward.

And ano...ther... oh.

Oh, well, then... shit. That could have been planned better.

Anyway, the real reason for this update, other than my amazing ability to walk straight into terrible situations, is the fact that the game has given me another decision to make.

Social Policies are, as I may or may not have explained in my first big post, things that you unlock by accumulating Culture. They're basically different types of political systems, and they're grouped into different categories depending on their focus. There are ten Social Policy categories (Tradition, Liberty, Honour, Piety, Patronage, Order, Autocracy, Freedom, Rationalism and Commerce), but at the moment, we've only unlocked the three shown in the picture above.

Liberty gives you benefits for expanding your empire by building new cities, as well as boosting production. Tradition, meanwhile, has a wide and fairly balanced range of effects, but supposedly works best for small empires.

Honour is the one I'd suggest, since it gives out a lot of benefits for military states, and we're trying to win a military victory (supposedly). But it's up to you guys, so I'll let everyone discuss it first.

User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  E350tb on Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:58 am

Honour, because we are Germans. Smile
E350tb
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Locoman on Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:16 am

I think we should go with TRAAAAAAAAAADIIITION! TRA-DI-TION!
Locoman
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Bountiful Cock Tree on Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:22 am

I also vote tradition, you should totally aim for an autocracy and go all Realpolitik on everyone's asses.
The Bountiful Cock Tree
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Megafire on Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:41 am

Germans are known for their honour, what?

Definitely voting for tradition, too.
Megafire
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Thanatologist on Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:43 am

Assuming taking over Pangaea means your empire wouldn't be too big, Tradition seems good. I'm leaning more towards Honor, though.
Thanatologist
User

View user profile http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/Thanatologist

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Thunder on Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:43 am

Let's honorably goose-step all over those barbarians.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ud the Imp on Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:43 am

Either honor or tradition.
Ud the Imp
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aken Jizo on Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:41 pm

Honor because it gives you a bonus to EXP GET at the end of every fight eventually.
Aken Jizo
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GameGuru on Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:07 pm

Let's give those Barbarians and the Mongols and the English honorable deaths!
GameGuru
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Bountiful Cock Tree on Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:57 pm

Good luck with that. -n-
The Bountiful Cock Tree
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynkzero13 on Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:58 pm

Also voting honor to wave about my Germanboner. We shall crush the enemy, then invite them out for beer and pretzels after we've won.

afro
Lynkzero13
Admin

View user profile http://thearistocrats.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiri Ame on Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:41 am

I counted up the votes, and everything turned out in favour of Honour. So, having decided the political system our glorious empire will run on, I decided that it was time to send my very honourable warriors out to explore the wilderness, all while subtly shying away from those horrible, unclean barbarians.

Oh god they're stalking us.

Fight, my brave warriors! Fight for your lives, and for the glory of the German people!

That wasn't quite as inspiring an outcome as I'd hoped. But they won, I suppose, so I'll be polite when I tell them that they have brought disgrace upon their nation.

After hearing about the dishonour they had brought upon their homeland, and the tears that would be shed when their wives and children found out about their pathetic inability to stamp out those pitiful barbarians, my warriors decided to clean up their act and actually find something for me to fight. Unfortunately, it's a city-state, and it appears to be on an island.

All of them are about to commit seppuku to atone for their incompe- oh wait, wrong country.

Never mind. I'll let them live, for now.

My warriors are still on thin ice, though. The Archer unit that I was trying to build has finally been made, and these guys look pretty professional. Look at how intently they're staring at those cows. They're not going to let anything stand in their way, because archers are fucking hardcore, man. And honourable beyond belief.

Anyway, while I was busy putting Berlin to work making a monument, I sent my archers to check out what there was upstream. After trampling a few cows, they quickly proved themselves to be way more competent than my warriors by finding the city-state of Budapest in about three turns. One that wasn't even on an island or anything.

Good archers. Now, go fetch Mongolia!

Something to note is that this city has horses, and if we decide to conquer it, then we, too, shall have those horses - which means that we'll be able to make mounted units. Horses are kind of really useful in the earlier stages of the games, since the units you can make with them tend to be fast and powerful. I'd suggest making Budapest our first target in the path to world domination, but I think it's important to note that there is a catch here - England.

Both of the city-states I've come across so far are under Elizabeth's protection, and she may be pissed if we try to invade. If worst comes to worst, then she might go to war with us, and I'd like to figure out where her empire is before we start trying to fight her.

Also, we'll need to make a few more units if we want to invade, since city-states have a lot of health, and the two units I've made so far have killed fuck-all of anything. Killing stuff gives your units experience, which they can eventually use to gain extra buffs and abilities, and aside from that one ill-fated tussle with those barbarians, both of my units are completely and utterly green.

So... invading Budapest, yea or nay?

Oh, also, we have to figure out what we're going to research next.

Our options are mining, sailing, the calender, writing, trapping, horseback riding or mathematics. For my part, I'd suggest either Trapping, the Calender or Writing - Writing will allow us to build Courthouses, which are going to be crucial when we start occupying cities, and Trapping and the Calender will both allow us to make better use of the resources in our territory. Mining would be the quickest option, but doesn't appear to be hugely relevant right now, and horseback riding, while undeniably important to a military state, could probably wait until we actually have horses to ride. Unless we want our army to just sort of drag brooms along the ground while neighing, which I am perfectly OK with.

Alternatively, this could happen.

I can already see our enemies surrendering out of sheer terror.

User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Thunder on Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:46 am

Invade Budapest while riding a broom and neighing. This is the only honorable way to do things. However, we can never operate at maximum honor-capacity unless we are civilized, and that means we need to step away from our steins and our bratwurst and learn how to read.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  E350tb on Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:41 am

We must mine! With heroism!
E350tb
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gaunt88 on Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:24 am

Go for writing, I say.
Gaunt88
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ud the Imp on Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:40 am

Writing first, then the calender, followed by trapping, math, and finally mining. Stick horseback riding in there after trapping once you finally tame some horses.
Ud the Imp
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aken Jizo on Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:43 pm

Writing for the courthouses, then mining so we can make a mine on that hill in Berlin and increase productivity, then trapping for the money-stall-things-whose-name-I-forget-at-the-moment.
Aken Jizo
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynkzero13 on Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:31 pm

I vote writing, mining then trapping. Our scholars must learn to record the honorable tales of our warriors so that they can be remembered for all time. Except for those bumbling mistakes they sometimes make, but we can doctor those reports so the people never know, just like a true dictatorship.

Oh, and we should probably leave Budapest alone- for now. Their time will come. And then we shall have horses, and our circus will be complete.

afro
Lynkzero13
Admin

View user profile http://thearistocrats.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top