Gaming Corner

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gaming Corner

Post  Aken Jizo on Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:31 pm

Co-op requests, game recommendations, or even just talking about games with gamers, this is the place for peeps to talk VIDYA GAEMS.

Created because, if Kiri's LP thread is any indication, we have gamers among us.

Speaking of, while you can announce them here, this is not a thread for LP's. Those tend to be big and deserve individual threads.

So...easy mode or hard mode?
Aken Jizo
User

Location : The place with the guy and the thing doing the stuff.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gaming Corner

Post  Ud the Imp on Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:01 am

Easy. I'mma pansy and I won't deny it.
Ud the Imp
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiri Ame on Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:13 am

My plan is usually to start on easy mode and gradually work my way up through the difficulty levels as I get the hang of each one. I have the attention span of a gnat, though, so usually I end up just playing a game for a while on easy and then forgetting to move up. =P

User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gaunt88 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:42 am

If it's a series I'm familiar with, I'll play on he harder difficulties (i.e. I usually play Halo on Heroic.) I usually avoid the super-hard settings, though, and if it's a new game I'll stick to normal.

On a different topic, I've been playing Ghost Recon: Future Soldier. I know we have at least one other GR fan here (coughflankercough), I'm wondering if anyone else has played it.
Gaunt88
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aken Jizo on Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:45 am

@Gaunt: Sorry. The last GR game I played was called Tropical Thunder or something. It was a fun game, but it got so much better when I realized that console commands existed and got access to the chicken grenades/rockets. That came out quite a few years ago (read: 15 at most Rolling Eyes ). I should really try out the newer ones.

Anyone here ever play Descent? I loved the shit out of that game back in the day.
Aken Jizo
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynkzero13 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:01 am

It depends on the game, but I tend to go for the above-standard difficulties unless it's something I'm totally unfamiliar with. I never play easy out of principle. Games I enjoy enough to replay multiple (At least three. Mass Effect 2 is sporting seven, with three on Insanity. Haven't had enough time to hit that point with ME3 yet.) times I usually go through on the hardest available difficulty, but otherwise my relatively-short attention span keeps me from bothering with the hardest modes.

As for the co-op thing, I tend to prefer games with good multiplayer but I've been distinctly lacking in the free time department lately.

And no, can't say I've ever played Descent.

afro
Lynkzero13
Admin

View user profile http://thearistocrats.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Thunder on Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:58 am

I tend to start one difficulty level above whatever the recommended setting is, out of a sense of illusory skill, then end up bumbling through the game. For some series I'm really familiar with, though, I tend to start on the highest. I can't remember the last time I've played a Shin Megami Tensei game on anything besides Hard, and Critical Mode is my poison of choice for Kingdom Hearts.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Keith Fetus on Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:13 pm

Hard mode, of course! I love a challenge!

Man, been playing P3P on Maniac mode. The game completely and utterly hates you, and it's glorious!

On another note, ugh, I am having so much trouble beating The Kid's warpzone in Super Meat Boy. And the game ended up crashing on me right before I hit Bandage Girl in the 2nd part of said warpzone. Ugh, think I'll tackle that later.
Dr. Keith Fetus
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Thunder on Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:28 pm

I beat the Kid's warp zone recently, actually. The only good news is that the third stage is actually reasonable. The first two are just horrendous, though.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aken Jizo on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:52 pm

Welp, the death of the RP has left me pretty depressed. Does anybody here besides Kiri have Steam+multiplayer games?

@Kiri: Might as well ask since I'm bringing up the subject of Steam: Did you get my friend request? My version of steam was being dumb and stupid and the only KiriAme I could find hadn't set up their profile yet.
Aken Jizo
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Bountiful Cock Tree on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:54 pm

I'm also in possession of that there Steam. Possibly as Evil Lincoln, although it seems to exist in a state of considerable flux.
The Bountiful Cock Tree
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aken Jizo on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:58 pm

@Mal: Coolio.

Also, since I'm asking everyone else, I might as well just say that my profile on Steam is Cantshootforshit.
Aken Jizo
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LurkerGuy on Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:02 am

I've got Steam, and I have a few multiplayer games in there, mainly L4D2 and Team Fortress 2 but I would love to play a round of those 2 games sometime if anyone wants to. My steam name is LurkerGuy, by the way.

Also, as for difficulty in games, I usually try to at least familiarize myself with a game first with its standard difficulty (normally on well, normal) and afterwards I'll more than certainly go for hard mode or whatever the equivalent to that is in a game. Heck, sometimes if I feel like I'm really comfortable with a game I'll sometimes go through a game with a challenge run (like 3 heart or a naked run for example) I definitely find to be fun. Actually, is there anyone here who likes to do challenge runs besides me?
LurkerGuy
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GameGuru on Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:27 am

It depends on the game actually. Most times I choose the normal option first, though I use easy in multiplayer games if I have to unlock characters in single-player mode. I don't like having to unlock characters in multiplayer games so I get through them as fast as I can. My Steam name is GameGuruNT, BTW.
GameGuru
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Oni-Lord on Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:51 am

My Steam account is oni_lord for those that care. I have a bunch of games, so chances are I'll have something that you guys have.

User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aken Jizo on Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:56 am

Alrighty, anyone up for a game of TF2?

@Oni: I looked you up and could only find Onilord. However, my version of steam is slightly retarded, and sometimes it can only see people if I search for them while I'm in a game. So, I'll try that, see what happens.
Aken Jizo
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Oni-Lord on Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:04 am

Thats probably me. I'm not really looking at my steam so I'm going off the top of my head.

User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  E350tb on Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:20 am

Mine's either E350 or trainguy. I rarely play online, so I generally don't keep an eye on it.

Also, I'm F350tb on Origin.
E350tb
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:50 pm

Hey guys. There wasn't a topic to say hi or anything, so I decided to... well, just say hi here and not clutter up the place with another topic. =P

Back to top Go down

Post  Ud the Imp on Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:21 am

HOLY FREAKIN' CRAP, THE LEGEND HIMSELF RETURNS!!!!!! affraid What a Face cyclops Cool afro
Ud the Imp
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GameGuru on Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:39 am

Hey Demo! Good to see you here
GameGuru
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadbeatloser22 on Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:28 am

Shocked

*faints in the corner*
Deadbeatloser22
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Keith Fetus on Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:11 pm

Oh, hey Demo!

Urgh. I finally beat the Kid's Warpzone, but the game crashed on me shortly after, meaning that it lost my progress, and I have to beat the warpzone again. Uhhhhgggghhhh. The first and 3rd levels aren't so bad. (the first has a steep learning curve on how to use the kid. 3rd one's the easiest.) The 2nd level though, ugh, what were they thinking with that? It's easily the hardest, and the most boring level.

In other news, I got Rayman Origins for the Vita. Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god! This game. This game is fantastic! Easily the best platformer I've played in years! The level design in this game is excellent, the art and atmosphere are great! Man, I have not had this much fun with a game in a loooooooooooooooooooooong time!
Dr. Keith Fetus
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:22 am

Question out-of-the-blue, Aken: given you were RPing as Guan Yu - you don't happen to have Dynasty Warriors 7: XL, do you?

Back to top Go down

Post  Aken Jizo on Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:09 am

@Demo: I don't, unfortunately. I bought 7, but I never got around to getting its XL. I've seen some of it though. Why?
Aken Jizo
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top