RP Brainstorming

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

RP Brainstorming

Post  Cojiro on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:31 pm

A topic. For brainstorming RPs. And for masochists who want to be GMs. Basically.
Cojiro
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: RP Brainstorming

Post  Cojiro on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:41 pm

I'd kind of like to GM something, but with my student teaching looming I'm not sure how reliable I'd be. Co-GMing would work better.

RPs I might be interested in: original fantasy, multi-fandom, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Pokemon. A Pokemon one sounds like the most low-stress, but a compelling plot that could accommodate quite a few people would need to be planned.

Actually, I always kind of wanted a Pokemon game with a matured-up plot. Something where blood is actually spilled. And the plot is actually complicated.

Last edited by Cojiro on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cojiro
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Thanatologist on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:47 pm

I have an idea for an RP where people don't have to worry about the usual rules for RPing, like grammar. It'll be a place to let out our inner "bad RPer". We'd only need a GM there if thngs get too out of hand, but otherwise there won't be any plot or continuity or whatever.

And everyone would be allowed to use the smilies. Twisted Evil
Thanatologist
User

View user profile http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/Thanatologist

Back to top Go down

Post  Ud the Imp on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:50 pm

I have two ideas for RPs

First Idea: One that's just like the first two seasons of MMFRPG, with the City being created by my OC Id the Imp, who's a God of Destruction and the City itself made from pieces and parts of other universes and dimensions that are violently torn off and various people being kidnapped to be its populace. The Trope-tans in this version of the multiverse are far more proactive than the ones in MMFRPG, being an actual police forces as well as watchers and historians but they cannot do anything against Id, since he's one of the two most powerful entities in the universe. The City itself is does move and have static landmarks, but Id has the ability to shift the entire landscape anyway he wants it and any moment. The story is all the PCs having to deal with a laughing psychotic able to shift the very ground they stand and do whatever he wants while showing the reasoning for a God of Destruction to Create a City.

Second Idea: A more journey driven storyline based on Season Three set in a universe populated by demons and monsters based on the Shin Megami Tensei series, where PCs have to travel around the land, solving problems, helping people, and killing off powerful demons of the Lawful Evil and Cahotic Evil alliances. The first town will be a snowy little village populated by both humans and Jack Frosts, with major NPCs being important shop keeping Frost, a Pyro Jack, Jack Ripper as the obligatory butt monkey repeat boss, a superhero named Ace Frost (who is A LOT more powerful than he lets on) and the Big Bad being a Black Frost. The catch is, all the PCs have to be cannot be a superweight higher than a low 2, and the weaker and/or defenseless characters will gain magic and the ability to summon a Persona.

Idea for both: I plan to have a Wishlist for the sign-ups, a listing of characters that I would like to see played in the RP, but not necessarily mandatory. Just a list of possible characters to play.
Ud the Imp
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aken Jizo on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:53 pm

@Ud: Come on, man. Thunder specifically asked us not to use the Trope-tans.
Aken Jizo
User

Location : The place with the guy and the thing doing the stuff.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ud the Imp on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:58 pm

I'm more basing them off of the original one and going on from there, kinda like how Thunder did.
Ud the Imp
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Thanatologist on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:59 pm

@Ud: yeah, thunder said something about staying away from the trope-tans if we're gonna make a spin-off. Not sure how alternate-universe trope-tans would exist in the first place anyway, them existing in all alternate universes and everything.

Oh, and can't see the link.
Thanatologist
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Aken Jizo on Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:21 am

Would anybody be interested in doing a RP based off of the Friends and the High Council WMG?
Aken Jizo
User

Location : The place with the guy and the thing doing the stuff.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Thanatologist on Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:41 am

I can't see your links... -_-

I see this instead: [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Thanatologist
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Ud the Imp on Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:37 am

@Aken: That's weird. That's the first time EVER that I've seen that red link before.....
Ud the Imp
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadbeatloser22 on Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:50 am

Hmm... Part of me wants to try resurrecting the RP I tried hosting a while back, but...
Deadbeatloser22
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynkzero13 on Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:51 pm

@Red link: That's strange. Can anyone actually see the link itself? Because it shouldn't still be doing that.

afro
Lynkzero13
Admin

View user profile http://thearistocrats.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadbeatloser22 on Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:22 pm

I'm also seeing an [Only admins are allowed to see this image] in your sig.
Deadbeatloser22
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GameGuru on Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:21 pm

I've always thought that after Season 2, Maria Renard had gone on various adventures in different universes. I'm not sure if that's good enough for an RP, and if I shouldn't just write a few fanfictions about it to get the ideas out of my system. However, it has been an idea I've had since Season 2 and would not involve what Thunder had explicitly banned from use.
GameGuru
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lizard Of Aus on Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:34 pm

I guess this is a good a place as any to drop damp, smelly and old ideas onto the table. Considering my skill at handling Heart of Desire and Troper High (incidentally this would've had it's own interpretation of Trope-Tans if it hadn't died), I think it's safe to say I could only lead these things with a host of sub-GMs, if at all. Anyway, my ideas. I've come up with one featuring the armies of Makuta from S3, a suggestion driven story crossing over Bionicle and FIM, and also a workable idea!

Gentlemen, I propose a crossover RP. The subjects: Marvel and DC comics. The twist: a reboot world where the two universes are one from the very beginning. The players and GMs are free to provide unique interpretations of the characters (like, say, how kryptonians work), but the main changes in the story will spring from how the people of two worlds affect one another when they're in the same world to begin with. For instance: would Wonder Woman live in New York, would Galactus conflict with other gluttonous entities, and how would Death from Sandman react to Thanos falling in love with her?
Lizard Of Aus
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GameGuru on Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:10 pm

That's an interesting idea... I might be up to joining it if it were to start.
GameGuru
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadbeatloser22 on Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:38 pm

I'm not quote-unquote "up" on comics to do well in that.
Deadbeatloser22
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ud the Imp on Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:39 pm

@Lizard:

Death of Endless: Look, I like your devotion Thanos, but seriously, you really gotta stop. I know I said chocolates and flowers are boring and I want something more original, but I think destroying several civilizations in my name is a bit on the morbid side. I really appreciate the meaning, but can you just cool it. Seriously, I'm considering that Deadpool guy a better pick than you.

@Actual RP idea: I might consider joining up as either Larfleeze or Atrocitus. I can easily consider the former going to all out war against the Chitari for trying to take his stuff or the latter trying to forcefully induct the Punisher. Hell, I would DEFINITELY wanna see the Greeks Gods getting their collective asses kicked by the Asgardians. And in terms of cosmic power, I already have a small scale in mind (lower to highest, 1 being most powerful):

5: The Spectre, Lords of Chaos and Order, Dr. Strange, Ghost Rider, the Emotional Entities without hosts
4: The Emotional Entities with hosts, Squirrel Girl
3: Darksied, Thanos
2: Galactus
1: Nekron, the Life Entity

Last edited by Ud the Imp on Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ud the Imp
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lizard Of Aus on Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:52 pm

I'm kinda thinking that if I do get enough people together to help me make it, I would probably have to put it in the old forum, where there's a better chance of getting more comic book-savvy players.
Lizard Of Aus
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lizard Of Aus on Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:35 pm

Deadbeat: Well, being a reboot, it would all be started from scratch anyway. Theoretically, all you'd need is a comic book superhero/villain you're familiar with (from a movie say) and that you think you could play well.
Lizard Of Aus
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadbeatloser22 on Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:37 pm

That's still me out then. I have a hard enough time keeping characters I know well to any sort of passable standard, so...
Deadbeatloser22
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cojiro on Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:50 pm

I'm with Deadbeat. I'm apathetic about most superheroes and their universes at best. I do enjoy some movies and a handful of cartoons but I don't get all that attached to them.

I'm reading The Magicians by Lev Grossman right now. There's a place in it
Spoiler:
(called the City, with a bunch of fountains that are portals to other worlds. The place is seemingly deserted.)
that made me think of the MMFRPG and I keep expecting a Trope-tan to pop up there, haha.

With my England trip looming I probably shouldn't get seriously involved in any RPs right now. BUT if anyone just wants to test-run an RP here before starting a more serious version elsewhere, I could probably participate in that. I might even do the DC/Marvel one, if that's the case. I could also do a mini-RP if someone has an idea for a short-plotted thing that will only take a month or so to do.
Cojiro
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ud the Imp on Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:34 pm

@Cojiro: If you're looking for a Pokemon RP with a matured up plot, a guy named Psyga 315 recently had some openings.

Discussion
Main
Ud the Imp
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadbeatloser22 on Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:49 pm

One of which was because I gave up.
Deadbeatloser22
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Screwloose on Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:23 pm

I actually started an RP back on the TVtropes forums before the move. It's about the only two surviving gods from a destroyed universe trying to make a new one. Unfortunately, since their domains are Death and Mischief, they have no idea what the hell they're doing and grab a bunch of people from different universes forideas, as well as other purposes.

Anybody interested?
Sir Screwloose
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top