LP Discussions and shit

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LP Discussions and shit

Post  Aken Jizo on Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:50 pm

A board created because it looks like people here like LPs, and LPs are typically separated from typical gaming discussion (at least on the internets that I have traveled). This can be just generic LP talk, but it's mostly here to act like the RP Brainstorming thread, just for LPs. Got a game you want to LP or see LP'd? Put it here. If it's ever required, I'll edit this post to list the LP's in progress (and whether their active, dead, or complete) as well as the games that people are planning to LP or are requesting an LP of.
Aken Jizo
User

Location : The place with the guy and the thing doing the stuff.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LP Discussions and shit

Post  Doctor Thunder on Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:16 pm

In that case, I guess I should mention that I'm planning on starting a Let's Play of Iji sometime in the near future. It's a game I'm pretty good at and know very well, and because of the customization-friendly design of the game, it should allow for a decent amount of view input.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiri Ame on Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:36 pm

I'm probably going to LP the Sims some time after I finish my Civ LP, just because LPing a bunch of virtual people going about their everyday lives can be a lot more interesting than you'd think. Especially since the Sims has a kind of amazing view of reality.

This hypothetical LP would probably have less overt viewer participation than the Civ one, but I'd definitely take suggestions from people about things they might want to see happen. A lot of the appeal of the Sims comes from the fact that they will autonomously sort of do whatever the hell they feel like, and then you can make a soap opera out of it. So that's probably what I'm going to do. Make the laziest soap opera ever.

This is a fairly long way down the track, but just so I have an idea of how many people would follow something like that, how does it sound?

User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Thunder on Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:38 pm

I'd read it. It sounds fun.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Oni-Lord on Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:04 am

I'd definitely read it. The Sims are pretty amazing when you get a bunch of them together and just let them do whatever they want.

User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aken Jizo on Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:17 am

@kiri: Why do you have such good LP ideas?

Spoiler:
Ever since that "Containment Breach" discussion, I've become re-obsessed with SCP stuff. Do you think anyone made a mod to have Euclid or Safe SCPs in the Sims?

On an unrelated note, I just found a game that I thought I had lost a while ago. It's a turn-based strategy/RPG Bleach game for the DS. Would anyone be interested in that?
Aken Jizo
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Thunder on Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:47 am

I used to watch Bleach, so I would probably read that, since I'd at least have some idea of what was happening.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LurkerGuy on Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:51 am

LPs are certainly getting popular here it seems, looks like we’ve got Kiri to thank for that. =P

I would actually like to attempt an LP myself here and I thought of a game that might be fun to do one with and that is a Megaman game, but not just any game, there is a romhack of Megaman 4 called Minus Infinity that I would love to do an LP of and I do not know how many people here have heard of it but I thought it would be a fun little romhack to show off. I would even try to include some audience participation in it with choosing bosses and maybe even throw out some choices for the fortress bosses as well if anyone would be interested in it.
LurkerGuy
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gaunt88 on Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:06 am

@ Aken: I don't play the sims, but putting SCP objects in there sounds like it's be awesome. I'm sure there must be a mod for it out there somewhere.

Why stop with Euclid, though? Go all the way and dump in some Keter SCPs. I'm sure people have done worse things to Sims =P
Gaunt88
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiri Ame on Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:55 am

@ Aken - Unfortunately, a few quick searches tell me that if there are any SCP Sims mods around, they're kind of buried. However, I happen to have a rather nasty-looking glitch in my game that could probably be passed off as an SCP, so I could always make passing references to that. =P

User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Keith Fetus on Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:15 am

Huh, now I'm wanting to do an LP. ... What the hell did you guys put in my food!?

In all seriousness, I'm not sure on what to LP. I was thinking Plants Vs. Zombies, Paper Mario, Chantelise, or possibly Recettear. Hmm, before I think about doing an LP though, what sites do you guys use as image hosts?
Dr. Keith Fetus
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiri Ame on Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:38 am

I upload my screenshots to Photobucket and then add them to my posts from there, but I think there's a more direct way of doing it.

User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Oni-Lord on Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:16 pm

Theres a button when making a post that says "Host an image" thats what I used.

User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lightdarkhero250 on Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:30 pm

Hm...I'm sorta wondering if anyone would be in for a Sengoku Rance Let's Play, If I'm allowed to make one/if I'm good enough to even make a Let's Play. If I did, I'd make sure to do it without...You know, the obvious...faults.(FAMILY-FRIENDLY RANCE RATED E FOR EVERYONE) I mean it has a great story and is pretty fun. Plus it'd give me a chance to actually wanna play through again. So, does that sound interesting to anyone?
lightdarkhero250
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aken Jizo on Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:30 am

That could be pretty interesting. I say go for it.
Aken Jizo
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadbeatloser22 on Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:25 am

Well, I got no idea what to LP, so...
Deadbeatloser22
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gaunt88 on Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:42 am

So, I just had a brainwave. I've been trying to think of a game I could use to jump onto the LP bandwagon, and I just remembered a good one. Would anyone be interested in an LP of the original Deus Ex?
Gaunt88
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Flanker 66 on Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:23 am

I'm kind of tempted to do a screenshot LP of Jedi Academy/Outcast, but there's one problem: 1) I don't have the technical skills for it, and 2) I don't have the programs required (aside from Jedi Academy/Outcast, obviously).

Wat do?

EDIT:

Wait, never mind - found a tutorial that shows you how to take screenshots in-game. Now it's just a matter of figuring out how to make sure the images aren't too huge/work out how to make small head shots to cut down on the number of dialogue screenshots necessary.

Last edited by Flanker 66 on Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updated)
Flanker 66
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top