This fist of mine flies with a rocket-y power! Let's Play Super Robot Wars J

View previous topic View next topic Go down

This fist of mine flies with a rocket-y power! Let's Play Super Robot Wars J

Post  Oni-Lord on Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:18 am

For those of you reading this who don't know, Super Robot Wars is a crossover strategy RPG about, you guessed it, giant robots. Known as Super Robot Taisen in the states, Super Robot Wars dates all the way back to the original Gameboy. The series is insanely popular in Japan, becoming quite the cash cow for the developers, Banpresto. They've been referenced in several shows, had JAM Project create songs for their games, and even created an original robot that would be used in an already well established series. Unfortunately it does not share this popularity anywhere else. Due to licensing issues, the only games that have seen an English release are the Original Generation games, which didn't do so well. Chances are, none of the actual crossover games will be released outside of Japan.

Luckily for us there are people who'll translate them.

Super Robot Wars Judgement, or SRW J for short, was released for the Gameboy Advanced in 2005. It introduced the unit switching feature to the series and was the first handheld title to have completely animated attacks. It also marked the debut of Full Metal Panic! and Tekkaman Blade to the franchise. There was a bit of controversy when the game was first released. The first wast he fact that this title did not include any Getter series and no Gundams from the Universal Century timeline, two mainstays to the series since the original game. Another first was the inclusion of Tekkaman Blade, a series that doesn't actually have giant robots, but instead has battle-armor. Please do not spoil the plot of this game, or any of the series included. Now to dive in to the backstory of the game.

One thing you can always rely on Gundam SEED to bring to the table, racism!

Man, those sex robots don't mess around.

AKA, the plot to all our other series that we couldn't bother to describe.

One thing you're going to have to get used to really fast. The Earth's government are assholes.

Alright, with our prologue out of the way we find ourselves with quite a lot of choices. Rather, you all find yourselves with a lot of choices. There might not be a lot of chances for audience participation throughout the game, but there are ton right here at the beginning. The first choice that needs to be made in on a protagonist. We've got a choice between male and female. This will change a few of the stages, mostly in the beginning, and it will change the overarching, original story. On top of that, you can rename the characters, so I need to know if I should keep the name or change it to something else. Our choices are:

Toya, the traditional, average teenaged boy who suddenly finds himself piloting a giant robot and didn't ask for this, or...

Calvina, and ex-military pilot with a tragic past and a bit of a death wish. Quite the selection, huh?

On top of our protagonist, we get a choice of what super fighting robot they are going to pilot as well as name that too. Our choices are:

The Bellzelute, and agile mech able to cover a lot of ground. It is our "Real" robot choice in that its built to be fast and dodgey. It can't take a hit, but most hard-hitting attacks aren't very accurate. A couple of hits though and this thing goes down.

The Granteed, a slow, tough, and strong "Super" robot. While it will lag behind most other units, its built to take punishment and to deal it back. It won't be able to dodge for its life, but it can demolish on counter-attacks. Unfortunately its attacks aren't as long ranged as the Bellzelute's and it can still be in danger if it gets surrounded.

Finally theres the Coustwell, meant to be an in between unit. It can dodge some attacks, can deal decent damage, can take a few hits, and can keep up with most of the other units. While it may not excel at anything, it can do everything reliably.

After we chose our robot and name it, we get out final choice before the game starts. We get to chose our favorite series. What that means is, the units from a series we pick as our favorite will get extra upgrade slots and additional money and experience when it shoots down an enemy. Needless to say this is a nice bonus. Our choices are:

Banpresto Originals. This is pretty much just our protagonist's machine. While its just one unit, there will be plenty of missions where it will be forcibly deployed and some where we'll fail the mission if it gets shot down. Not a bad idea to make sure its strong enough to deal with this.

Mobile Fighter G Gundam. A fan favorite of a whole lot of people that watched Toonami back in the day. We'll get a good handful of units from this show. They're a bit tricky to use, but done right they become amazing glass cannons with multiple combination attacks.

Mobile Suit Gundam SEED. An alright selection of dodgey units. This is one of two series that give us a battleship unit. If either one ever gets shot down its game over in any mission.

Blue Comet SPT Layzner. A pretty sweet series with some pretty fast units. I've always found the Layzner units to be reliable and fun. The main unit gets some pretty good upgrades later in the game too.

Brain Powered. Move along, theres nothing to see here. Neutral

Martian Successor Nadesico. A group of decent, and adaptable, units along with our second battleship unit. They are not bad if you know what type of terrain is going to make up the next mission.

Space Knight Tekkaman Blade. While you'll probably only use one unit from this game, he is a wonderfully agile death machine. Even if we don't pick this as our favorite, I'll probably be using him constantly.

Full Metal Panic! (exclamation point required apparently) Not the most flashy set of units, but they get the job done. FMP also gives us a very reliable sniper.

Mazinkaiser. Awww yeah. This is where the tanks of the game will come from. The Mazingers are fantastic at taking punishment and having a variety of ways to deal it back. Though they are very reliant on Energy, there are several ways to erase this problem.

Combattler V and Voltes V. Two more durable units. While they are separate series, the units are pretty much brothers. They share many similarities in how they function. including having 5 pools of Spirits to draw from. I will explain Spirits in the first gameplay update, but just know that this is a very good thing.

Dancougar. A reliable tank and damage dealer. A good unit that has a good Spirit pool to draw from as well. Another staple on my late-game team.

Hades Project Zeorymer. This thing. This thing is a beast. Easily one of the top damage dealers normally. It also has one of the biggest dick-move secrets tied to it that requires us to almost never use it, only leveling it when it is forcibly deployed, and makes us miss out on literally every other secret in the game.

Alright, now that all of that is out of the way. It is up to you to determine our protagonist, our mech, and what series will be spending more time in the spotlight.

User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This fist of mine flies with a rocket-y power! Let's Play Super Robot Wars J

Post  Kiri Ame on Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:35 am

I'm finding myself mildly disappointed that there aren't any EVAs, even though it's pretty apparent that they'd clash like hell with the setting. =P

Anyway, I vote we go with the girl, just because she sounds like she might be slightly more interesting than the kid. My other votes would be for the Granteed and the Banpresto Originals, but I don't even understand what I'm typing right now, so feel free to ignore my vote.

Space Knight Tekkamen Blade also sounds cool, as does Mazinkaiser.

User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This fist of mine flies with a rocket-y power! Let's Play Super Robot Wars J

Post  GameGuru on Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:47 am

Let's play as Fem!Calvin Coolidge. I'm sorry, but they spelled it that way. I'm never going to get that image out of my head, and now you won't, either.

Our Mecha should be the Coustwell, because I feel like going middle of the road.

Our favorite series... SHINING FINGER!!! I was one of those who actually grew up with Toonami, and my favorite Gundam series is naturally G Gundam.
GameGuru
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gaunt88 on Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:31 am

PC: I say go for Calvina. She sounds more interesting than the other guy.

Mech: My vote goes to the Bellzelute. I'm not sure if a fragile zippy mech is a good choice for the main character, but it looks damn cool. Not sure what to name it, though.

Favourite: I'd say go for the Originals if we end up going with the fragile PC mech, to make it a bit less likely to die on us, and Blue Comet SPT Layzner if we don't.

@ Kiri: Later games actually do have Evas. Not sure how they fit with the setting, but there you go =P
Gaunt88
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aken Jizo on Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:53 am

I really wish the Original Generation series had done better over here. I thought the story was great, and the animations were better than I expected from a gameboy game. I love SRW J, so I have to ask; where the flying fuck did you find an english translation for it?

Also, Calvina, Bellzelute, Banpresto Originals, Tekkaman Blade, and Mazinkaiser are my choices.

You know, I never really used Dancouger in any of the SRW games I played. There was just always something that did its job better.
Aken Jizo
User

Location : The place with the guy and the thing doing the stuff.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Thunder on Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:04 am

Let's go with Calvina as our pilot, Granteed for our mech, and Blue Comet SPT Layzner, Tekkaman Blade, and Mazinkaiser as our favorites. As for the name of our mech, regardless of which one wins, I vote we name it the Walrusbuster.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ud the Imp on Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:20 pm

Pilot: Calvina

Mech: Coustwell

Favorite Series: Either G Gundam, Blue Comet, Mazinkaiser, or Dancougar. I WOULD have said Zeorymer, but the part about having a super move that, when used, cancels the abilities to find all the secrets of the game is a HUGE turn off for me, since I'mma completionist type of guy.
Ud the Imp
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Oni-Lord on Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:34 pm

@Aken: I don't remember where I got it, but its been out for a while now. At least a few years old. Theres also a fan translation of Alpha Gaiden for the PS1.

Also, way to go guys. Theres a threeway tie for the protag's mech, so now I have to wait on a tie breaker. tongue

User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ud the Imp on Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:46 pm

Double votes don't count do they?
Ud the Imp
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Oni-Lord on Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:47 pm

nope.

User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LurkerGuy on Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:05 pm

Well, this looks like an interesting RP. This is a series I’ve never tried out but I have been curious about so I’ll certainly keep my eye on this LP.

Anyway, I will also vote for Calvina since she seems like she’ll be the most interesting character of the two and I pick Granteed for the mech. I have not watched a whole lot of super robot shows but the Mazinkaiser sounds quite awesome.
LurkerGuy
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:41 am

If you're still collecting votes, Oni, mine would be Calvina for our pilot, Granteed for her mech, and, since they already seem to be in the spotlight anyway if that text intro is anything to go by, Gundam SEED for favorite series.

Back to top Go down

Post  Oni-Lord on Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:05 am

I'm so proud of you guys. Now we're ready for kick ass and take names, all with the blessing of the king of Sweden. From here on all of my comments and such with be in italics, so that they can be differentiated from the game dialogue.

: ...I have determined his location, milady. I'm going to try and reason with him. Should, by chance, my efforts be in vain...

: Do you believe you can change him?

: .....

: The Converted lies beyond the reach of your pleas. I spoke with him. Reasoned with him. It is almost certain he will not return...

: Everything's moving into place. We cannot stop what's already begun at this point.That is why I must ask for your permission. If he refuses to come back, milady, should I...

: You mean to ask if I want the Converted killed in that case, correct? Would you follow orders to kill someone so respected?

: I am a Knight. I will carry out my duties, as is expected of me. Many of our brethren have vanished into oblivion, but we must move forward, at the expense of our lives if necessary, for the cause and well-being of our people. That is our mission, as you already understand so well, milady.

: Indeed...I am all too familiar with your code. Within my veins flow the hopes of my parents who granted me this flesh, and the convictions of my brethren.

: What kind of destiny awaits us, I wonder?

: ...A curious question indeed.

This whole conversation is not going to mean a thing until like 3/4ths into the game. Its just meant to be cryptic and not really relevant.

That same dream again. And with it, the same caustic horrifying emotions. It's not a nightmare, though. No. For me, it is reality.It's been a full month since, but still I dream of that fateful day. It serves as a reminder that I'll never see him again. I was taking part in live-fire testing for Ash'ari Kreutzer Corp's weapons development division. A secret domed installation on the Moon housed us. At least, until Jovian Lizards pinpointed out location. In an instant, the dome was attacked and completely obliterated. The staff, the trainees, the equipment, the data, the unit...all wiped out. Except for me. He was a co-worker of mine. Army liaison, he said. He asked me to leave the army. I obliged. I knew then. We were always going to be together. That was until I awoke in this cold bed. Until they told me I was the sole survivor. Grief-stricken, I try to remember the sound of his laughter. I envision his clear eyes, and lose myself within...

: preparations until it's ready to launch. You will, of course, be duly compensated for your cooperation. Are our terms acceptable?

: to think you had some sort of evil intentions...I accept!

: all right, we're leaving the rest in your hands. Do your best to advance the project and achieve our goals. That is all.

: My, aren't we busy? I suppose I should start gathering talented people for the main crew. There's no way the army's going to let us advance with the project once wordbreaks, so we can't settle for anything less than the cream of the crop. Yes...minor character problems excepted, they must be the very best!

Keep dreaming Prospector. I mentioned in the last update that the gender of our protagonist will change the beginning mission. Where as the male would have been introduced along with the Mazinkaiser character, the female gets introduced along side the Nadesico plot.

: The personnel department chose to enlist them all at once. Do you have any questions about the main crew?

: I'm worried about the illegal remodeling of the chief mechanic's room, for one.

: Yes, well. I'm more than sure he'll make up for that with his skills.

: Aren't all the bridge staff novices?

: They may not be a crew that will impress an ex-Admiral of the UEFA, but they're all quite talented. Especially the operator. She's so skilled that she can control even the Nadesico's special systems single-handedly.

: Hmm...So all that remains is the combat personnel? I only see one candidate.

: The Nanbara Connection has agreed to provide some to us in exchange for monetary assistance. We are also negotiating with the Photon Power Labs, and in addition, we've selected 3 Aestivalis pilots from our company's colonies. Their transfer is still in progress. We also have another pilot on her way to negotiate. She's ex-UEFA, and seeks to improve her abilities through combat on Mars. A most talented person!

: Mars, eh...?

: Are you the Prospector?

: Indeed. I'm expecting a favorable reply. That's why I'm here, after all! You'll be leaving the hospital tomorrow, correct? That must be very exciting.

Prospector is really good at the whole "Annoying-businessman-whos-trying-to-get-on-your-goodside".

: I appreciate your enthusiasm, but...Even if you employ me, I'm not going to be of any use. That won't change no matter how many times you ask.

: This is most unexpected...Just so you know, I'm not going to take no for an answer. Let me be blunt, Ms. Coulange. Our company wants you to ;end your prowess to the Nadesico, a new model warship.

: Of course, we've already investigated your background. Ex-Federation Space Force, 2nd Lieutenant... A star student at the academy, so much so that people began to call you the "White Lynx." After being sent to Mars' garrison during the first conflicts with the Jovian Lizards, you ran up against some... troubling circumstances. Due to Injuries, you were sent back to Earth, before the imminent main battle. Shortly thereafter, you unexpectedly left the military and worked under contract at the Ash'ari-Kreutzer Corporation. One month later, the dome you were assigned to for testing purposes was attacked by Jovian Lizards and annihil-

: Enough! I've seen the media coverage, and I know they're claiming no survivors...How the hell did you know I was there?!

: The Nergal Group's intelligence network is vast, Ms. Coulange. We know you were working on a new weapons project, and that you were striving to ascertain the value of an experimental unit when the dome was attacked. A member of your officer's training class had his eye on your testing results, and through him we were able to find you. This is all we know. We were unable to secure any further details.

: In addition, all data concerning the incident was erased an the entire project destroyed. Doesn't it almost seem like someone in the Federation didn't want this one to be solved? They've gone so far as to claim the sole survivor of the incident wasn't even there...I wonder why they would do such a thing?

: I already told you. I'm out. What was the point of that little speech of yours? You better have a real good answer, or they're gonna have to prep the emergency room to put that bespectacled visage of yours back together...

I'm so glad you guys picked Calvina.

: Ah, well...Forgive my lack of courtesy! You are quite right to be angry. That was just a chat that got...out of control. What we need is your high degree of skill, knowledge and experience in battle. We don't have any other important reasons for hiring you besides that. My sincerest apologies for the misunderstanding.

: Well, that's a shame. I'm in no shape to pilot anything right now. Hell, it looks like I'm gonna be in rehab for months.

: We are aware of your current state, but that won't be a problem with our new Image-Feedback System. Our company-developed Aestivalis can-

: I have no intention of being altered for IFS-use, Mister Prospector.

: Hmm! That is an obstacle, indeed. May I ask you, then, how you intend to fight the Jovian Lizards?

: Couldn't care less about 'em. And with that...it looks like you're out of options. Time to give up.

: No, no! How about this one? We want you to join the crew as a combat advisor. You could work as an aide to the Captain on mobile weapon use!

: Why are you going so far out of your way for me?

: Because you are an ex-soldier with first-hand combat experience. We need people like you. Including a bonus...How does this salary sound?

: Something wrong? Oh, don't worry! It will all be tax-exempt, of course.

: Fine. I agree to your terms. Besides, it's not like I have anywhere to go if I decline. I'll settle for anything. When's the departure?

: battle's nearby is kind of an issue, but...What's the problem with being a coward?! Fact of them matter is, if I get scared. I get scared. It's not like I do it because I LIKE it. My body just-)

: You gave that up just to be by my side?

: huh?

: That's why I...well, er...

: I see...All right, Jun! We're gonna be the best on comrades!

: Yeah...Yeah.

There is a bang as the screen shakes.

: Oh, sorry! Are you all right?!

: Ahh, well...

: Oh no, my luggage is all over the place!

: Sorry. My fault. Let me help you out.

: Thank you very much!...Hm? I know this may sound a little strange, but...Have we met before?

: Uh, what?

: I just...Get the feeling we've already met, somehow.

: Couldn't say.

: Yurika, we're going to be late if we don't hurry!

: Right! Thanks a lot for the help. So, if you'll excuse me...All right Jun, let's go!

: Ah! wait, Yurikaaaaaa!

: Hey, you dropped your picture!...Too late, she's gone. Hmm? What's this photo?...Wait a sec, that's me! Why am I in there? Oh, I get it now. We really HAVE met before! Yeah...I know you, Yurika Misumaru. Argh, I can't let this go! I have to be sure it's her. Where did she run off to?!

: left the hospital...Especially when you originally contacted me during my hospitalization.

: That's understandable. You'll be officially commissioned soon enough. Ah...Excuse me! What are you doing here? This is a restricted area!

: I'm looking for my friend, Yurika Misumaru. Did she come through here?

: destroyed Martian Utopia Colony?!

: Unbelievable. How did you get back to Earth?

: ....I don't remember.

: *chuckle* You're a pilot, eh?

: No, I'm a cook! And that's enough about me! Is Yurika here? I'm sure she and her father must know my parents died.

: I see...You've lived through some real hardships. Indeed, she's here. If it's all right with you, can we employ you as a cook? You'll be able to talk to her whenever you wish, that way.

: Huh? Well, er...since I don't have a job yet, I guess I could-

: That settles it, then. From now on, you're the Nadesico's cook. Be sure to give it your all!

: Final blow! GEKIGAN BLAAAAAAAADE!

: That's an expensive machine, y'know!

: Heh, it's me! I'm Gai! This super robot - Gekiganger's - main pilot...Gai Daigoji! Nice to meet you, Professor!

: (Gekiganger...Boy that brings back memories.)

Fun Fact: Gekiganger 3 is an anime-within-an-anime based off of several different super robot shows. It draws its heaviest inspiration from the classic Getter Robo anime.

: Who the hell's this "Professor"?! And how can you be the main pilot in a one-seat unit?! And it isn't "Gekiganer," It's "Aestivalis"! Stop giving it weird names like that! Oh, and by the way, dweeb, the pilots are supposed to move out tomorrow! You're a little early, don't you think?

: Daaaahahahahaha! No way! I've been looking forward to this my whole damn life! I'm already one step ahead of you guys! Yeahhhhhh! KABLAM! KABLOOIE!

: What's this guy's problem? Hmm? Wait a second! It says the pilot is Jiro Yamada...This doofus isn't even the actual pilot?!

: T-That's just my given name! Gai Daigoji is my SOUL's name! The real one! Come on, you evil Jupiterians! Gai Daigoji ain't gonna let you have your way with Earth! Awwww yeah! Hahahaha! I'm so awesome, it hurts!

: What're the "Jupiterians"?

: Who knows? Nobody's ever seen 'em. The Jovian Lizards send autpmated robotic weapons exclusively, and those don't really count as living, so-...Wait, who the hell are you?

: Erm, I'm Akito Tenkawa, cook. I got roped into a job on the ship.

: I'm Chief Mechanic Seiya Uribatake. Nice to meetcha, cook. Hope you make some good grub! Anyway...Hey, you! Give it a break already, willya?

: Hahaha, this is gonna be a special treat just for you guys! Gai Daigoji's Ultra Super Giga Final Blow Technique! The people call it...GAI! SUPER! UPPERRRRR!

: Hey, cut it out. you moron! Whoaaaaa!

There is a flash and the screen shakes. Way to go Gai.

: (on intercom) Sorry to be the one to tell you this, but that dumbass got himself a broken leg overturning the Aestivalis. Could we get someone over here to provide medical attention, please?

: A broken leg? Now that you mention it, isn't he the only available pilot right now? What in the world was he thinking?

: (on intercom) Aarrghhhh! It huuuuuurrrrrts! ...Hey, kiddo...please...can you bring me my...Treasure?!

: (on intercom) Your TREASURE? Don't tell me it's that Gekiganger doll?!

: Hmm, it appears we have the bridge crew fully assembled. Ms. Coulange, this is the Nadesico's bridge. Have you all finished introducing yourselves?

: Not at all.

: Then allow me to introduce you to one more person. This is the commanding officer, Adm. Fukube.

: Yes, ahem... Even if you're only an observer, we're still counting on you.

: (Adm. Fukube? The same one from the climactic battle one Mars...?)

: Former private secretary, now main helmsman: Ms. Minato Haruka.

: Nice to meet you!

: This is our communications operator, Ms. Megumi Reinard. She's a former voice actress.

: Pleased to make your acquaintance!

: This is the ship computer's operator, Ms. Ruri Hoshino.

: Nice to meet you.

Ruri is going to be the tolken loli of the game, whos entire contribution to any conversation is to call everyone idiots.

: Wow, you're the girl who runs the ship's computer?!

: Seems that way, yes.

: *laughs* You're an amazing girl, aren't you?

: When it comes to Image Feedback-based electronic devices, she's a genius. Since the Nadesico's main system was heavily designed for IFS use, she's the best one available...And this is our combat advisor, ex-UEFA 2nd Lt. Calvina Coulange.

: Not that I have a rank anymore. Nice to meet you guys. I've heard you're all the best at what you do. I'm sure you'll do fine.

: Huh. You mean we're going to be able to do something after all?

: Yes. All of the bridge crew are experts in their respective fields, and our Captain takes pride in having never lost a simulated battle in the Earth Federation Academy.

: They're the elite, then...I wonder what a captain like that would be doing out here?...Hell, where IS the captain?

: Hm, that is strange...They should have arrived by now.

: Ah, here it is! Look, Jun! That's the bridge!

: V!

: H-Hold on, Yurika!

: I'm sure to capture their hearts like this!

: Why, if it isn't an energetic young woman!

: Guess that's why she isn't working for the UEFA...

: ...More idiots?

: Ah, Well, I...I'm her second-in-command, Jun Aoi. Pleased to meet you, Everyone!

: Huh...Well, I know this may be a bit abrupt, but we have to talk about the ship's utilization rules and...

A sound blares!

: An alarm?

: Jovian mobile weapons are engaging the UEFA forces directly above us.

: How's the Federation doing?

: It appears their first battalion has been wiped out.

Screen flashes and shakes again!

: T-They're attacking us?!

: That means they aren't after military installations exclusively. Make no mistake, their target is the Nadesico. What do you make of this, Captain?

: Mr. Prospector, are all crew members onboard?

: Most of the crew have boarded, yes...Wait. Captain, don't tell me you're going to engage the enemy?!

Screen flashes again. Shit be getting worse!

: She's right. If we sit here, we're going to be destroyed. What do you intend to do, Captain?

: If we go out through the tunnel above us, they're going to shoot us down...We'll have to use the underground gate to exit from the Lunar City. If we can get out through the 3rd gate, we'll surface behind the enemy!

: That's too reckless, Yurika. This port isn't military! The only exit big enough to allow a ship to depart are those docks!

: The 3rd gate's size is adequate. It will not be easy, however. We'll have to maintain an excellent balance ration while moving...We don't want to damage the area, after all.

: Okay! I figure it'll take us about 10 minutes, but I have no idea how we're going to keep them at bay for that long, so...

: That's my cue! Gai Daigoji'll keep the enemy outta here, no problem! Gahhhh! My burning passion...!

: It's burning, all right...You can thank your newly broken leg for that.

: A decoy's already launched. It's an Aestivalis, using the upward elevator to the docks.

: Open a comm channel!

: (On comm) I'm sick of getting involved in things! I'm a cook! I don't want to die in a horrible place like this.

: (Isn't that the cook from before?)

: You...What's your name a designation?

: Huh?! W-Well, I'm Akito Tenkawa, cook.

: Yurika, he's...

: ...The boy from earlier? Akito...Tenkawa?

: He came from Mars. I contracted him to work here earlier today.

: Why's the cook in my Gekiganger?!

: A person under your circumstances shouldn't be mouthing off so much. Can you handle this, Akito Tenkawa?

: Handle what?

: Akito...Akito...Oh! Hooray! Akito, it's been so long since I last saw you!

: Huh? Me?

: Yes, you! Why'd you pretend not to know me, though? Oh, I know! I bet you're still as shy as ever!

: W-What the heck? What are you doing on the bridge?!

: She's the Nadesico's Captain.

: Huhhhhhhhhh?!

: Yup, that's me! *giggle*

: Hey, Yurika...Who is he?

: He's my Prince! He always comes to my rescue when I'm in trouble!

: Hey, hold on a sec-!

: Akito, you can't be the decoy. It's too dangerous! I understand, though. You've made up your mind. A woman's selfishness is nothing compared to your resolve!

: W-wait! Did you say "decoy"?!

: ...wasn't that what you wanted to do?

: Of course not!...Wait a second...What decoy?!

: Don't worry, Akito. I understand! We on the Nadesico leave out lives in your hands. Be sure to come back in one piece, okay?

: Hey, waaaaaaaait!

: The elevator has reached the lunar surface.

: Hang in there!

: Gimme back my Gekiganger!

: Whoa, what ARE those?! The enemy? Oh my God, it's the enemy! And a lot of them too?!

: *groan* Akito Tenkawa, can you hear me? This is the ship's combat advisor, Calvina Coulange. The Nadesico's surface ETA is 10 minutes. During that time, try to keep the enemy away from the docks. Oh, and one more thing...Good luck.

And thus ends the first bit of in-game plot happenings, leading up to the first battle of the game. Thats going to have to wait until next time though as this update was a lot longer than I'd anticipated. The updating schedule most likely won't be very often, but I'll try to update at least once a week, if not more.

User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GameGuru on Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:30 am

I remember watching Martian Successor Nadesico in the Anime Club I went to. One funny thing that happened was that one of us ended up mispronouncing the name as Martian Successor Nabisco, and we spent the rest of the time watching it making up Nabisco-themed parody names for mecha like Reo-O and Chips Ahoyer. It was pretty funny at the time.
GameGuru
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiri Ame on Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:27 am

So... are the robots going to fight each other now? Very Happy

User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Oni-Lord on Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:39 am

Yes we are. We'll be limited to one robot for now, but I'm sure he can handle it....I think.

User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gaunt88 on Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:02 am

I'm glad we went with Calvina too, she's been pretty awesome so far.

Also, I haven't seen any of these shows, so I have no idea who these people are 8D
Gaunt88
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aken Jizo on Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:15 am

I'm just a cook!

Icanseewherethisisgoing.jpg

I've never seen Nadesico. It's a Real Robot show, right? How long does someone from a Super Robot anime last in a Real Robot show?

Also, did you get this pre-patched? Or did you have to patch it yourself?
Aken Jizo
User

Location : The place with the guy and the thing doing the stuff.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Oni-Lord on Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:17 am

They don't last long. Also, I think I got it pre-patched.

User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Thanatologist on Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:39 am

This brings back memories of the shows I watched (which are limited to Gundam SEED and Voltes V in this selection Razz)
Thanatologist
User

View user profile http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/Thanatologist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top