Discussion

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Discussion

Post  Sir Screwloose on Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:59 am

So since I'm making an actual signup instead of just copy-pasting a character sheet, does it still go in the same thread?
Sir Screwloose
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gaunt88 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:33 am

I'd say yeah, put it in the same thread, for convenience's sake.
Gaunt88
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lightdarkhero250 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:27 am

So, yeah. Just posted, and if you don't think it fits right or works out, I'll remove it Gaunt.
lightdarkhero250
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gaunt88 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:39 am

Seems OK to me. Don't expect a reply for a while, though, I need to go offline for a while, and I'd liek to wait for lynk.
Gaunt88
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lightdarkhero250 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:45 am

Kay! I should really be getting to bed right now anyway...

Good Night/Afternoon/Morning everyone!
lightdarkhero250
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  E350tb on Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:18 am

I've had a thought - would it be okay to have Sandy as a US Navy pilot on leave? I checked, and women have been allowed to serve in Naval Aviation since 1973, so it wouldn't be inaccuate or anything.
E350tb
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lizard Of Aus on Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:00 am

How was that for an intro? Hope it wasn't too exposition-y.
Lizard Of Aus
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Megafire on Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:56 am

Would 'Kanaya' work as a name in the 80s or had I better go with 'Miriam' instead?
Megafire
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Thunder on Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:46 am

Either one is fine.

Also, I'm not going to be able to post until later tonight. It doesn't really affect anyone, but just a heads up. =P

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Bountiful Cock Tree on Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:02 am

He soon parked his car a good distance away from the crime scene. The door opened, and out emerged Detective John Kusagari, the sacred sword of his ancestors, the Sora katana, hanging from his belt. He almost never used it of course, but it was nice to have in emergencies. Plus it made him look intimidating, if his Clint Eastwood stare was not effective enough. It was also the only thing from his old life he wished to have....

Look, I know we've said this a bunch of times before, but this sort of shit really isn't going to fly. I'm really trying not to get too frustrated about this, but it seems as if every single time we tell you guys that this is going to be a realistic setting and, crucially, not an action movie, there's always two or three people that either don't listen or decide they can totally flat-out contradict it just because it's part of the character. It's an AU day. As in, alternate universe. The characters being different, or, so to speak, altered, is the whole point.

Okay, look at it like this. In your home town or city, how many police officers do you see carrying sacred ancestral katanas around as part of their standard equipment? How many police officers do you think could get away with that without immediately being arrested? How often do you think he's going to be able to realistically use that sword in a country with a firearms trade as extensive as America's?
The Bountiful Cock Tree
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Locoman on Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:26 pm

Well, it certainly seems like our quality of writing has improved greatly, hasn't it? :p

I'll be posting my intro on Monday night or so; I'm on my phone at the moment and I don't feel like typing an epic novella with my thumbs alone.
Locoman
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ud the Imp on Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:07 pm

@Mal: Edited that paragraph a bit.

@lynk: You want me to find my own clues as Kusagari is examining the body?
Ud the Imp
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cojiro on Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:46 pm

What day of the week is it? I think Kiri hinted that it was a Saturday. If so Megafire, you'll have to change your destination to somewhere other than school. Unless Kanaya goes to school on weekends.

Annnnd a couple tidbits of real-world information I happen to know that may be relevant but may just be annoying and you don't have to mind me...

1. Swords are perfectly legal in most states. I'm not sure about the 80s, and they'd probably be a pain to drag around when you're a police officer and trying to chase down bad guys or get your butt in a police car seat. And superiors might not allow it. But, in general, they're legal to carry. If they're concealed they can fall into the concealed weapons category and be a problem, though.

2. People with albinoism (humans, at least, I don't know about animals) don't actually have red eyes. Their irises tend to be colorless, pale grey, or pale blue if I remember rightly, but they can catch the light in such a way that they appear red. (Perhaps that's why Vezon's confused Razz)
Cojiro
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Thunder on Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:01 pm

Yeah, it's Saturday. Sorry for the confusion.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Thunder on Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:52 pm

Just a quick heads-up for everyone: I think I'm going to take a couple days off from the RP. To be completely honest, I feel like the RP is becoming a chore for me lately, and that's absolutely the last thing I want, and the last thing you guys need. I've been busy for pretty much a solid month, and now that I've finally got a couple days to relax, the last thing I want to do is post right now. I just want to take a few days to not even need to worry about the game. I'll still be around during these next few days to answer questions and such, but due to a large combination of things, I just honestly don't want to have to deal with the game right now. This isn't any one person's fault, and it genuinely has nothing to do with anything that's specifically happened on this site, so I don't want any of you guys to think I'm calling anyone out, because I'm not. I'm genuinely having trouble motivating myself to post right now, and I just want to take a couple of days' break so the RP will be fun for me again.

I just need a break. Take care, guys. I'll probably stop in later.

Last edited by Doctor Thunder on Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Megafire on Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:55 pm

Damn, I read Monday somewhere and got that stuck in my head.

I'll edit the last part of my post, then.

Edit: And done!
Megafire
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Bountiful Cock Tree on Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:06 pm

@Cojiro: It's not so much an issue of legality as people tending not to be allowed to walk around with swords hanging off their belts. I mean, it's technically legal, but you're not exactly gonna be unnoticed by the police. d:
The Bountiful Cock Tree
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cojiro on Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:15 pm

@Thunder: Oh, good for you, take that time off. Don't even worry about answering questions. I'm sure the other GMs can handle them. Even if there happens to be something only you're qualified to answer (oh high and mighty Thunder-Kami) we can survive without an answer for a couple of days. Go, shoo, log out, make sure you aren't getting email notifications. See you later.
flower

@Megafire: Great, I'll reply a little later today.
Cojiro
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LurkerGuy on Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:01 pm

@Thunder: Ha ha, I certainly know how that feels. Go ahead and take a break man, you certainly deserve it.
LurkerGuy
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aken Jizo on Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:29 pm

@Thunder: Have fun chillaxing bro.

@lynk: Would it be alright if Guan Yu went to the crime scene as well, or are there enough officers there?
Aken Jizo
User

Location : The place with the guy and the thing doing the stuff.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynkzero13 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:38 pm

@Ud: I actually meant to have Batou tell Kusagari that he could take the rest of the day off after checking out Chinatown, but I forgot, so you can go ahead and have him do whatever. I wasn't really going for a murder mystery approach to this thing. It basically boils down to a druggie trying to mug someone with a knife, the target fighting back and getting stabbed. So, you know, totally an average Tuesday thing for the police.

Also, to clear up some confusion I may have inadvertently caused, it's supposed to be Saturday. I'm just dumb and thought it was Monday for some reason. I've edited my post to reflect that.

@Swords: It's more a matter of carrying something as large as a sword with you everywhere being relatively impractical when you need to be on your feet all the time. It's also not going to serve you particularly well in an era where guns are incredibly common. Even in close-quarters a pistol would probably serve you better than a sword, especially so in cramped spaces. So, technically speaking there'd be nothing stopping them from carrying it, other than it'd make them stand out a lot more and it'd probably freak people out on account of a sword being much harder to conceal than a pistol. Batou would've probably encouraged Kusagari to keep it in his car or something rather than physically carrying it with him everywhere.

@Aken: At this point there are probably enough officers there, although you could always have him show up and get directed somewhere else.

afro
Lynkzero13
Admin

View user profile http://thearistocrats.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynkzero13 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:52 pm

"Got it chief," Kusagari said to Batou as him and the other officers went to their assignments. In truth, John hated these dead body deliveries. He thought them to be rather dull actually. He was more at home with trying to catch the son of a bitch that killed a random innocent off the streets......not that he actually cares about the victim. In fact during his years on the force, not once did he ever truly give a damn about any victim. To the detective, the victims were all just excuses for him to catch any badguys who did the crime. That was why he became a cop in the first place: To catch the badguys. Murder? Dead bodies for him to use to find out the killer. Rape? The perp made the mistake of leaving them alive to give a description. And besides, he sucked at consoling victims anyway. They were merely a means to an end, and the end is delivering swift justice to those who were guilty.

He never deluded himself into thinking otherwise. Anyone who said otherwise, he would just nod and pretend to listen. Best of all, the worse the crime, the better chance is had of beating the ever loving CRAP out of the crook that dared do something to get under his radar. As long as left them alive long enough for them to go to the chair, nobody would mind a broken nose and some internal bleeding.........

Sorry, Ud, but that kind of attitude really wouldn't fly in the police force. Batou would very much mind that someone was roughing up the criminals they were trying to bring to justice, nevermind the fact that there would be laws against police brutality in the AU just like there are in real life. It's totally fine to have him not really like working with the victims much, but he would've been kicked out of the force very early on if he had such a vigilante mindset. Hell, him not being much of a by-the-books kind of guy is good too. But there's a pretty significant difference between a cop preferring not to deal with red tape and brutalizing a criminal because they think they deserve it.

afro
Lynkzero13
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thanatologist on Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:35 am

Quick question: In what year is the AU day set, exactly? Early eighties/mid-eighties/late/a specific year?

I'm going to make a historical reference in my post and it might come off as anachronistic if I assume the wrong year.
Thanatologist
User

View user profile http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/Thanatologist

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynkzero13 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:51 am

It's mid-August of 1987.

afro
Lynkzero13
Admin

Back to top Go down