Discussion

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Discussion

Post  GameGuru on Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:19 am

Megafire wrote:Damn, I read Monday somewhere and got that stuck in my head.

I'll edit the last part of my post, then.

Edit: And done!

August 17, 1987, the date Mal's initial post gives, was historically a Monday. That date is probably the source of confusion.
GameGuru
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  troydenite on Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:39 am

-clutches head-

Why, characters? Wai u no make yourselves easier to choose? No

Obviously, this requires drastic action! Coin toss!

-flicks ten-cent coin into the air, which promptly bounces off my laptop screen, away from the desk and under the bed-

Shocked

...Hayate it is, then. Would making him homeless be alright? It would be easier, for starters... unless someone needs a superpowered butler at home.
troydenite
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiri Ame on Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:52 pm

Since it's an AU, he wouldn't have any of his powers. Just a thing to keep in mind. Having him be homeless could be really interesting, though, depending on how you handle it. So I'd say go for it.

User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynkzero13 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:24 pm

@Megafire: You probably got Monday from one of my posts, which I have since edited to reflect the fact that it's actually Saturday.

We're all the best at GM communication, clearly.

@Troy/Everyone else: Kiri's got it. I'm not sure if we've explained it fully, but basically everyone is going to be more or less ordinary, completely mundane humans. No sorts of superpowers, magic, awesome weapons, anything like that. For now, nobody should have any sort of abilities, equipment or anything that wouldn't be available to a human in the real world.

afro
Lynkzero13
Admin

View user profile http://thearistocrats.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Megafire on Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:38 pm

Kanaya without her chainsaw? Preposterous!
Megafire
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  troydenite on Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:46 pm

Well, that works too. Is it alright if he keeps his ludicrously diverse skillset, though? Maybe lowered to more realistic levels?

I mean super cooking skills, ironing, a reasonable amount of martial arts talent, the like...

None of his abilities are actually that far-fetched, it's just that he's ridiculously good at all of them. Razz
troydenite
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynkzero13 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:32 am

@Aken: Just assume Batou told Guan Yu he was free to resume his ordinary rounds and that they had everything under control at the crime scene. I'm not going to be able to get in a post until Monday evening, and I didn't want to leave you limbo'd until then because I'm horrible with time management.

afro
Lynkzero13
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Locoman on Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:41 pm

Well, I'm back from my vacation. I'll be posting sometime tonight as soon as I get caught up on all my websites, etc.
Locoman
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cojiro on Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:03 pm

If I disappear for a few days it's because I went camping.

I expect I'll be able to post once more early tomorrow or later tonight (if the RP crawls up from turtle speed), but otherwise I'll be back Thursday evening or sometime Friday.

Probably could have just deleted this, but in case someone saw it I won't. Change of plans. I'll be around.
Cojiro
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Locoman on Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:42 pm

My first IC post in the new thread. Huzzah for me! :p
Locoman
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  E350tb on Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:22 am

...and there's my intro. Hope you like it.
E350tb
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Korodzik on Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:17 pm

Korodzik
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Thunder on Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:58 pm

Hey, guys. It's time for an announcement I've been putting off for a while, since I knew you guys weren't going to be particularly happy about it. In short, and for a lot of reasons, I'm going to be dropping out of the game. I'm just not having fun with it anymore, and posting has become something of a chore at this point. I think the direction I ended up taking the game was for the best, and I genuinely think what we ended up with was a much stronger story and narrative than we had in either of the previous seasons, but at the end of the day, I've been in the game for over two years, and it's just stopped being fun for the most part. I've enjoyed this season far more than the one before it, but a couple weeks ago, I started to realize that I was really only still in the game out of a sense of obligation by this point, and to me that's a sign I need to just stop. In essence, the setting and story were things I very much enjoyed writing for, and I've probably had more fun writing for Beryl than I have for any other character I've ever played, but the fundamental format of the game itself stopped being fun for me.

Mal is also going to be dropping out, and with the two of us gone, that sort of leaves the story in a messy place. So, with that said, I'm going to be closing the RP. You guys are free to make your own spin-off of the MMF or make something totally different, but the MMF in its current form is over. All we ask is that the Trope-tans (particularly Sixes), Langley, and the Bloodhounds aren't part of any spin-offs you guys make, since we're rather attached to their characterization.

I realize this makes our move somewhat pointless, and I apologize for that, but you're free to make the new RP (if you do decide to make it) on here if you'd like. I'm still going to be sticking around here, but I'm most likely not going to be RPing on here anymore.

Thanks for playing, guys. Sorry Season 3 had to end this way, but I hope you guys have fun with whichever new RP you make, assuming that's the route you choose to take.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aken Jizo on Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:10 pm

I am really, amazingly sad right now. I was having a blast here. The story was great, the co-players were great, pretty much everything (from my perspective) was great. This game got me into forum RPs in general. This is...really disheartening for me.

Even if we aren't RPing, I really like hanging out with all of you, so I'm glad you aren't leaving completely at least.
Aken Jizo
User

Location : The place with the guy and the thing doing the stuff.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Megafire on Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:13 pm

Yeah, I'm really not sure how to respond to this.

'Damn', seems appropriate, I guess.

I was just getting into it, too.
Megafire
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cojiro on Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:19 pm

Wow. Okay. That's disappointing, but I don't blame you. Both you and Mal have a talent for writing and storytelling. I hope you don't let that talent go to waste. Go write some cool stories and become famous authors or something.

I guess this isn't bad timing. I'm going to be going to New York in mid-August and England (for three months of student teaching) shortly after, so I would have had a hard time keeping up at that point anyways.

I'll stick around the forum for now to see if anyone has any cool ideas about where to go from here, though. I'll try to think of a few ways we might be able to tie up the season in an unofficial fashion in order to give a little sense of closure. No promises though.
Cojiro
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiri Ame on Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:21 pm

Well, like Thunder said, there's still the possibility of spinoffs and stuff, if anyone wants. I'm... sort of on the fence about that, though. I mean, I've been playing this game for a year and a half myself, and I think I'd like to spend some time thinking about whether I'd want to continue doing that. Particularly considering that continuing Season 3 isn't really an option at this point, and most of May's interactions were with Beryl anyway. Honestly, I've been sort of apathetic about posting lately, too.

But hey, we still have an entire site here. If anyone has any ideas for other RPs, or anything fun to do, then it's right there. ^_^

/ you should all just flock around my Civ 5 LP, because that's not going to die any time soon

/ I'm not an attention whore, I swear

User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Locoman on Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:27 pm

Welll, I'm not particularily happy about the RP closing, but as other people have said there is still an entire forum we can use for things. I'd be happy to participate in any spin-offs, reboots, or entirely new RPs that anyone wants to try and make.
Locoman
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lightdarkhero250 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:36 pm

Wow...Aken's right, this really hits hard, especially for someone who's been here since the beginning...It just feels kinda...well, really depressing. I can get that running an RP makes it less fun to play an RP...after all, I realized that myself with my own, so...I guess, there's nothing we can fault you and Mal on. In fact, you guys (lynkzero and GameGuru too) are probably the best out of the GMs we've had over the years. You guys and Demo were the ones that took time planning the RP, weren't forced into the position out of others abandoning it, and never just disappeared on us, never to be seen again.

So, really, since I guess this whole post is just giving off mixed signals and all, I just want to say, it's been great having you guys as GMs, and if you feel like it just isn't fun anymore, and you guys have other things you feel you should move on to, then that's just fine, and you guys are really cool for sticking around and saying why, instead of just disappearing on us.

So...I guess I'll say goodbye too, then, unless we're allowed to just keep the forum open and talk with one another; not exactly RP. I think I might just stay away from RPs in general now, since they kind of only end....well, painfully. Technically ours went on for 2 successful runs, but, after all the RPs I've seen, this was the only series that ever came to satisfying conclusions, until now.

So...yeah, in short, this sucks, but it was really great while it lasted, and if it was starting to get stale to the point where others don't have fun anymore, I guess it's alright, at least, in my opinion, to let it go. I'll miss everyone, from those who've been around since season 1 to the people who unfortunately joined recently. This was a really cool RP and I really liked being in it.

You're all the greatest people I've ever chatted online with, even if I never posted much or only lurked in the Discussion threads...

lightdarkhero250
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Thunder on Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:40 pm

The forum's definitely staying open, don't worry. We're not just going to disappear.

In fact, you guys (lynkzero and GameGuru too) are probably the best out of the GMs we've had over the years.

Add Mal and Gaunt to that. Gaunt has always been a good and fair GM, and Mal literally wrote more than half this season's plot. It wouldn't have gone nearly as well without him, so he deserves a lot of praise for that; probably more than I do, at least as far as the story is concerned. I don't meant that in a self-deprecating way. He genuinely did a great job and was tons of help.

But seriously, thanks for understanding, guys. It means a lot to hear that you were so attached to the game.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynkzero13 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:48 pm

Like Thunder has already said, this forum is very much going to stay open, and if you guys would like me to add more sections to it so you can do your own thing, just ask. As for me, I'll be sticking around for some other stuff that'll be happening on the forum, namely Kiri's Civ V LP right now. Seeing as how Thunder was the entire reason I ever joined the MMF, though, I don't think I'd be able to continue it knowing he's done. So, yeah, like Thunder said, the MMF as it exists now is pretty much done, unfortunately.

I'll still be around, though. Watching you. Always watching.

afro
Lynkzero13
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiri Ame on Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:53 pm

Oh yeah. Speaking of that Civ LP, I'd better go work on another update for that.

But first, I need to set the scene... Cool

User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ud the Imp on Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:54 pm

Damn. Just.........damn.

I......I'm actually shocked. It was because of this series it allowed me to be a better writer and the reason I got into TvTropes in the first place. But still, I definitely had fun throughout the Seasons, especially the second and the first part of Season Three. You, Thunder, along with Mal, Demo, and the rest were probably the best GMs I have encountered or probably will encounter for a long time. I'm sorry to see this series come to an end, but I certainly had an awesome run. It certainly gave me idea to start my own RP.

By the way, what DID you guy have planned for the ending anyway......?
Ud the Imp
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Thunder on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:00 pm

Had they sided against Ashur, he, #1, and #2 were going to be the bosses of Day 14. The fight with them was going to take place in a huge icy battlefield in the middle of a fortress on the ocean. Once the party got inside the walls, the water would be frozen, with tidal waves being used as cover and such. If you've ever seen Once Piece, think Marineford. Ashur would have summoned a small army (including some characters from other works of fiction as minibosses, one of the planned ones being Gilgamesh from Final Fantasy) to fight some of the Bloodhound troops there, and the party would have had to fight their way across the battlefield in order to reach him.

Once they reached him, #1 and #2 would have revealed their powers. You know how every Trope-tan has powers based on the world they watch over? #2 had the powers of the Dragonborn, since she presided over Skyrim, and #1 presided over Gensokyo, so she had crazy Toohoo powers. Ashur was going to end the fight by trying to literally throw a pocket dimension at the party, which would have basically been a wave of distilled creation, involving taking bits and pieces from all the characters' worlds and crushing them under it. Since it's not going to have a chance to happen anymore, Cojiro, that is where Lina could have whipped out Dragon Slave and helped overpower Ashur, since he'd have dragged in a small piece of that dark lord Lina draws power from in the process.

After that, it all boiled down to who the party allied with. If they joined with Sixes (Sixes was going to escape and rejoin the party on Day 13), they'd make their way to th Conduit and fight off the Bloodhounds (or, with some skillful diplomacy, talk Langley into delaying his plan for a while). Either way, Langley was in a pretty terrible state of mind even going into the season, and the party would very likely have killed Kokoro by that point, so odds were pretty good he'd end up killing himself if the party didn't decide to shoot him or something.

But no matter who they allied with, the Multiverse would have benefited from it. Langley would have been open to negotiation if the party was persistent enough, though. He and the Bloodhounds didn't want to fight them if they didn't have to. Day 13 was going to be based on Metro 2033, by the way. It would have been underground and have had a largely survival-horror feel to it. The boss we'd planned for that day was a Sentinel from the Matrix, which would have required somewhat more strategy than most of the other fights, since brute forcing it would have been a very bad idea.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ud the Imp on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:06 pm

So the RP would've ended with just two weeks like the first season? Interesting.
Ud the Imp
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top