Discussion

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Discussion

Post  Doctor Thunder on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:08 pm

Oh, no, no. We were going to go for three. We just hadn't planned out specific curses and such for the other days. There was talk of a Tron day, but that never really got past the planning stages.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aken Jizo on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:15 pm

@Thunder: What was Ghede's shtick with the whole silent "YOUR SOUL IS MINE" thing against Dante?

@lynk: Could you set up a thread where we can post RP ideas to gauge interest in playing/GMing (I don't have anything in mind, it's just in case any of us feel like RPing here at some point in the future)?
Aken Jizo
User

Location : The place with the guy and the thing doing the stuff.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynkzero13 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:18 pm

Sure thing.

Also, I'm not positive, but I'm fairly certain Ghede's staff basically let him turn someone from being a living person into being a dead person. Mal or Thunder could explain it better than I could.

afro
Lynkzero13
Admin

View user profile http://thearistocrats.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Thunder on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:23 pm

I'll leave the more detailed explanation to Mal, but basically, yeah. He wasn't so much killing people, but was instead telling reality that the person he was pointing it was supposed to be dead.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Bountiful Cock Tree on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:25 pm

@Aken: Generic voodoo, a handy precedent that was going to lay down the foundations for certain ideas about ritual and culture we were going to work in later in the season. Starting with the AU day, which would have involved an incognito appearance from Baron Samedi and the characters getting the view the various racial and cultural fault-lines of the city first hand, and then sort of working up from there until you're doing an elaborate ritual in a warehouse to try and restore you to your alternate universe state. The idea being that it's not the contents of the ritual that matter so much as the fact a ritual is taking place.

Which is why Ghede's stick-schtick works so well, he just has to point it and know they will die and the nature of ritual means that reality fills in the gaps for him. That's technically not a strictly voodoo thing, but you get pointing-bones or some equivelant in more or less every tribal culture on the planet.

Only much less pretentious than all that, because we were going to try to leave it more ambiguous than the average anvil. d:

Which was why we were trying to keep the AU day realistic, incidentally. A Baron Samedi surviving by appealing to western stereotypes and conceptions of the 'other' sort of loses its intellectual edge when he's stood next to a hard-boiled cop with thirty guns to keep him company. Social deconstruction is dependant on social realism; we can't wave our sociology boners around when there's someone already swinging a katana there.

Last edited by The Bountiful Cock Tree on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:31 pm; edited 4 times in total
The Bountiful Cock Tree
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ud the Imp on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:25 pm

@Mal: DAMN. What sorta dimension did Ghede come from?
Ud the Imp
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aken Jizo on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:31 pm

@Mal: Baron Samedi? As in, Loa of Death, snazzy dressed, white face-paint Baron Samedi?
Aken Jizo
User

Location : The place with the guy and the thing doing the stuff.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Thunder on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:32 pm

Yep, the very same.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LurkerGuy on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:34 pm

Well, I would be lying if I said the news didn’t surprise me, but yeah it did surprise me.

But this and what I played of Season 2 was definitely a fun romp, I think this was the most fun I had with an RPand I really think it helped me improve my writing and storytelling skills, heck the fact that I thought of so many encounters, subplots and NPCs for this should be a testament to that. It’s kind of a shame the big one I was planning isn’t going to get the chance the really shine, but still this was way too fun and I could definitely save just in case I take interest in a spin-off or something. I would also like to say that all the GMs that worked hard on this season and what I played of Season 2, especially Thunder, Mal, and Demo, were some of the greatest GMs I’ve seen in my few years of RPing, and I say this as someone who used to GM himself. So yes, bravo for such a great RP and I had a great time RPing with you guys.

And in other news, I’m glad the forum is staying especially after the amount of work put into it, sure it's pretty simple right now but it's still nice to hang around here with you guys. Of course, this also means that I get to continue watching from the shadows, like any good lurker should do.

@Mal: Holy cow, this plus the stuff Thunder described definitely would have been awesome to see.
LurkerGuy
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GameGuru on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:39 pm

Well, I am rather sad about this. However, I know that when someone just isn't motivated, it'd be worse if the RP continued. Hopefully, others can make as good an RP as you had created, Thunder and Mal... And as good as Demo did as well. And as good as Flanker, Gaunt, Lynk, and Bidoof as well. This is a sad day, but there will always be other RPs.
GameGuru
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Bountiful Cock Tree on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:39 pm

@Aken: The very same, minus top hat and skull face to keep the incognito thing. Still the black suit, though, Samedi is one stylish-ass deity.

Basically he'd have been the group's sort of mentor for that one game day, albeit one who knows a hell of a lot more than he's ever going to let on. And probably doesn't look too kindly on you if you have the gall to approach him dressed in anything other than black/whilst Caucasian. Samedi's a pretty demanding god, all in all.
The Bountiful Cock Tree
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Thanatologist on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:47 pm

Wow. At least I was able to make it in before the sing-ups closed. Imagine, just a couple of weeks late and I would've never been a part of this at all.

It's been nice, and this was probably the best RP I've enjoyed. You guys write a lot better than some people from the other 3 RPs I've been in. I guess what really sold me on this RP was the very premise of the multi-fandom part, and all the drama, hilarity, and badassery that would've ensued. So sad to see this go, especially as I haven't really had the time to get to know you guys and have you get to know me. Thanks for allowing all of us to be part of an epic story, GMs.

Most users online: today (july 4), 20 21 users. I'ts almost like everyone's here to say goodbye. It's nice and sad at the same time.
Thanatologist
User

View user profile http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/Thanatologist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Screwloose on Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:38 am

Just throwingthis out there, I do have my own RP, Under a Blank White Sky going back on TVTropes if anybody's interested in joining it.
Sir Screwloose
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  E350tb on Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:05 am

Well, this is upsetting. Crying or Very sad Still, at least I can say I was in for the duration, eh?

Thanks for the memories, Thunder/Mal/Gaunt/GG. It's been a hell of a ride. I'm glad to have met you all.

I'll stick around anyway, I guess. Perhaps I could try my hand at GMing someday...
E350tb
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Luke_Prowler on Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:20 am

Man, why does this stuff always happen when I'm trying to post...

Well, you guys all did good by my book. I know I had fun, and that means something was done right. I thank all the GMs, and wish you good luck.
Luke_Prowler
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Keith Fetus on Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:11 am

Well... I'm sad to hear that, but I understand. If something like an RP or other activity stops being fun, there's little point in working on it anymore. It was a fun ride while it lasted, and I'm sad that I couldn't participate in it's last moments. Glad this forum is sticking around. I might be sticking around too.

EDIT: Wait, there's a Civ V LP? Huh. Might check it out.
Dr. Keith Fetus
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Korodzik on Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:33 am

Spoiler:
...Well. This has taken me by surprise. Sad story Sad I feel bad for you, Thunder, I hate that feeling of being burned out.

I had once mentioned (a long, long time ago) that when the RP ends, the very last post made in the discussion thread should be a Book Ends reference to the very first post in the discussion thread. So, here I go...

Oy...
Korodzik
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Oni-Lord on Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:05 am

Nice try Twisted Evil

User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  troydenite on Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:08 am

-salutes-

Well, thanks for the ride. I guess I should thank you all for the past month or so - you're all great roleplayers, and pretty cool people to boot. I really feel that I've learnt a lot from my experiences here, so I'll be popping in periodically to see what new things have sprung up.

This is not the end for us, but a new beginning. Excelsior!
troydenite
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lizard Of Aus on Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:13 am

...Wow. I feel kind of like I just stepped on a garden rake.

Very sad to see this story go, as I was really getting invested in it. Sad But I suppose my last post wrote myself into a corner...not that I couldn't have eventually worked my way out of it. But, I suppose if the person in charge isn't 90% behind it, then it wouldn't be as rich an experience. And if there really aren't any successors available like all the other times, then I guess that's that.

Well, at least our characters had some kind of a conclusion.
Lizard Of Aus
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gaunt88 on Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:50 am

On one hand, I can't say I expected to see this when I came home. As corny as it sounds, the RP has been something of a fixture in my life ever since late season 1, and I'd like to think it's help me improve my writing skills out of sight of what they were 3 odd years ago. It's sad to see it go.

On the other, I know the feeling Thunder describes. I've been feeling a little apathetic about posting lately as well. The worst thing that the GM team could have done is try to force things.

My studies have really kicked into high gear now, which is why I haven't been online much lately. I will still be sticking around this forum, even though I doubt I'll be joining any spin-offs that might spring up from this - and not just because of the time factor. I might be in a minority here, but someone else make something too closely related to the MMF doesn't appeal to me. I'd rather let the MMF slip away quietly, as it were, and keep a respectful distance in terms of new RPs =P.
Gaunt88
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lizard Of Aus on Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:45 am

I've almost been having an inner discussion trying to find alternatives here.

"Why don't we get new GMs, like in S1?"

"Like who?"

"We could find one of the old GMs!"

"Would they even be interested?"

"We could try and find Mint Pearl Voice?"

"And how would you go about finding her?"

I'm just gonna leave this forum altogether for a little bit, before I get EVEN MORE worked up.
Lizard Of Aus
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Bountiful Cock Tree on Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:58 am

I feel I should clarify that all this actually means is the end of an internet RP on the internet. The conclusion of a medium that is, by its nature, as shallow and transient as the average issue of Heat magazine. We were never going to achieve great things with it, because at the end of the day it was based on a crossover designed to see if Kira could beat Vetinari in a bastard-off - this wasn't so much cancellation of a promising concept as euthanasia of a dying herpes-riddled one.

I realize that a lot of you are in the grips of a vicious hysterical hyperbole right now, but its loss really shouldn't affect you this much.

Last edited by The Bountiful Cock Tree on Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
The Bountiful Cock Tree
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadbeatloser22 on Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:10 am

Fuck. I go on holiday for a week and everything comes crashing down. Razz
Deadbeatloser22
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gaunt88 on Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:27 am

@ Mal: People are just being sentimental. It's hardly surprising. Internet RPs may, on average, be shallow and short-lived, but some of us expended a fair bit of effort trying to make this one less so, and while we were never going to achieve something ground-breaking, we had fun, which was kind of the basic point.

That being said, you're right, this isn't the end of the world. Let's keep the wailing and gnashing of teeth to a minimum, folks =P
Gaunt88
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top