Discussion

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Discussion

Post  lightdarkhero250 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:59 pm

Ah, I'm sorry. I really wasn't sure how to place it. I just said 80's action movie as a generalization, cause it just kind of comes to my mind after watching so many during the summer. I know it's going to be a realistic setting curse, not some kind of Scarface/Vice City thing where everyone's carrying out guns or whatever. Sorry for my suck-ish choice in words.
lightdarkhero250
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Thunder on Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:00 pm

Okay, no problem. I just want to make sure everyone understands. It wasn't just your post that made me think there was still some misunderstanding in there.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cojiro on Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:16 pm

@Megafire - Yeah, we could plan on that. Might make sense for Kanaya to have a female bodyguard since she's younger and female, too.

Also, didn't mean to imply by seeking out that position that I was going to be looking for explosions AU day. I'm actually expecting this day to have a very minimal amount of violent, dramatic action (if any). Guarding is just kind of what Hiiragi's done historically.
Spoiler:
Mountain guardian Arrow (reluctant) storehouse guardian Arrow exorcist's servant/guardian
Cojiro
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Thunder on Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:26 pm

No problem. Like I said, I wasn't upset or anything. I just wanted to make sure everyone understood.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Keith Fetus on Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:56 pm

Ah hello. So this is the new forum, huh? Ah, BBCode, so much more comfortable than what the hell that other site used.

Oh yeah, I'm Marioguy128. I've been meaning to go with a different username for a long while. No idea if I'm rejoining or not. I've lost interest in rping, not really feeling Griff anymore, and even if I was, I have no idea how to explain his long period of absence. And if I do decide to go with someone else, I have no idea who to switch to. In the meantime, I will simply be lurking the RP.

Also wow, these emoticons are terrible.
Dr. Keith Fetus
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aken Jizo on Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:02 pm

The only really abnormal thing I was planning on having happen to Guan Yu before memories start returning was every non-PC officer foisting the "inform the chief" duties onto him. Also, on the subject of swords, I thought Batou was going to have a sword with him? Or is that not a thing anymore?

Also, speaking of memories returning, are we supposed to wait for you guys to say "go ahead", or are we supposed to use our judgement/common sense?
Aken Jizo
User

Location : The place with the guy and the thing doing the stuff.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Thunder on Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:15 pm

Is Batou getting a sword? I'd honestly forgotten about that. Our GM communication is amazing.

As for the memories, we've got a thing planned for that, but you guys will know the "go-ahead" when you see it.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Screwloose on Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:11 pm

So I was thinking of having Human!Jake be a PI, since it's the closest thing I can think of to their adventurer thing. (Finn would of course be the one doing the actual work)
Sir Screwloose
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ud the Imp on Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:50 pm

Can we post in the RP now?
Ud the Imp
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiri Ame on Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:13 am

Not yet, I don't think. I'm pretty sure Mal was just posting to set up the AU. I mean, the fact that the thread is still locked kind of indicates that we're still meant to be settling in. =P

User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Thanatologist on Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:21 am

Wait, are the ones who agreed with the troper gonna be part of AU day? From the looks of it, they aren't.

Because I guess my idea for Angela to be a gypsy/romani trying to find a better life in the city wouldn't be out of place in the 80s. It would fit her almost to a tee. Her origin story in Rusty Hearts actually says she comes from a forest in "Rumania" XD.
Thanatologist
User

View user profile http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/Thanatologist

Back to top Go down

Post  The Bountiful Cock Tree on Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:34 am

Being an Nth generation Romani-American might work better. Foreigners - especially Romanis - coming to America solely for the reason of chasing after work is a concept with certain connotations that we'd be wise not to foster.
The Bountiful Cock Tree
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiri Ame on Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:35 am

The people who joined the Troper aren't going to be part of the AU Day, unfortunately. Everyone who had their character join him gets to choose an alternate character for the meantime so that they won't get locked out of the loop, though. Hence why people have been discussing that. =P

User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynkzero13 on Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:38 am

The only really abnormal thing I was planning on having happen to Guan Yu before memories start returning was every non-PC officer foisting the "inform the chief" duties onto him.

It would amuse Batou to no end that he always gets all the reports from the same officer.

Also, on the subject of swords, I thought Batou was going to have a sword with him? Or is that not a thing anymore?
Is Batou getting a sword? I'd honestly forgotten about that. Our GM communication is amazing.

The bit about him actually carrying a katana was largely a joke, but I am planning on him having a katana in his office that's a family heirloom. Or maybe it'll be in his house/apartment. There's going to be a sword involved that was at one point used by a member of his family to kill people in World War II, is the point.

Can we post in the RP now?

Kiri pretty much covered it. Mal's post was mostly to give everyone a better feel for how the AU is supposed to be. Actual posting will start tomorrow.

afro
Lynkzero13
Admin

View user profile http://thearistocrats.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Thanatologist on Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:55 am

The Bountiful Cock Tree wrote:Being an Nth generation Romani-American might work better. Foreigners - especially Romanis - coming to America solely for the reason of chasing after work is a concept with certain connotations that we'd be wise not to foster.

Yeah, you're right about that. The people in my country should try to get rid of that mindset, too. Migration to pretty much any other (more financially successful) country is quite common here.

In that case I shall go with Estel, who is actually more of your stereotypical Romani. She's an NPC from rusty hearts who is Angela's childhood friend and functionally serves as her skill teacher in-game. In seven days, I shall post a pic. Until then, just google her to see what she looks like. Oh, and she's a Giftedly Bad singer. I won't be sticking with her after though, as I have no idea how she would do in a fight.
Thanatologist
User

View user profile http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/Thanatologist

Back to top Go down

Post  LurkerGuy on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:55 am

Hello everyone, and long time no see for some of the people here and hi to people who may not know me. As a lurker I’ve been doing what I do best so sorry for being silent until now. =P

Anyway, since I haven’t been around the RP for a long while, I have been thinking of rejoining now that life isn’t as busy for me plus I think this might be a good time for me to do so. I’ve thought of a few characters but haven’t entirely decided on who to make an app for yet.
LurkerGuy
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Behold The Theremin on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:09 am

...Oh wow, I've been gone for several months and you guys set up your own website! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU PEOPLE.

-hugs everyone-

But seriously, hi everyone! I'm thinking of signing up, maybe, but if I can't right now, that's okay.

Speaking of which, man I've gotta catch up on that hundred-something pages i missed.

Behold The Theremin
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Thunder on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:26 am

Hey, Theremin. We're starting this season's AU day, but it might be best if you were to recap some stuff before jumping into things.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Luke_Prowler on Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:27 pm

I'm still alive, btw
Luke_Prowler
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Thunder on Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:49 pm

The thread is unlocked. Sorry about the delay. Have at it. elephant

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cojiro on Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:26 pm

Awesome, I'll make a post later today.

Quick question I forgot to ask though: are the NPCs like Scott and Owl going to be in the AU too, or are they stuck back in Azkaban Skyrim Town?
Cojiro
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Thunder on Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:34 pm

They might be around, but they'd probably be doing their own thing and don't really need to be mentioned. They're meant to be minor background characters at most, even during normal days, and even more so here.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GameGuru on Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:02 pm

Do we who have alternate characters for the AU Day just post their sheet in the character sheet topic?
GameGuru
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Thunder on Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:04 pm

Sure, go for it.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cojiro on Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:21 pm

Can I just say that I'm really enjoying these AU intro posts? Keep up with the quality writing, folks.
Cojiro
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top